Canmore Nordic Centre
A Gem In A Provincial Park
Unrivalled Locations In Canmore, Alberta
Canmore Nordic Centre
With three different outdoor ceremony sites to choose from and a bright and welcoming Banquet Room, the Canmore Nordic Centre is one of the best wedding venues in Canmore!
Located only 5 minutes away from downtown, the Canmore Nordic Centre is a perfect venue for couples looking for:
- A wedding reception only for up to 80 guests
- An outdoor or indoor ceremony followed by a wedding reception
- An outdoor ceremony only at any of the three available sites
- An elopement
Wedding Receptions at the Canmore Nordic Centre
Wedding receptions at the Canmore Nordic Centre will have you and your guests feeling right at home! Few venues in Canmore match the Canmore Nordic Centre’s charm and beautiful surroundings.
The Banquet Room with its natural light, big windows and unobstructed views of the biggest peaks in Canmore provides a laid-back, gorgeous setting for a wedding reception.
Wedding Reception Package
Our all-inclusive wedding packages are designed with you in mind so that you can enjoy your day from beginning to end.
Wedding Reception Package Inclusions:
- Venue rental until 1 a.m. – Banquet Room and Pre-Function Room
- A Wedding Coordinator to help you plan and assist with the ceremony and reception flow and details.
- An Event Manager to help you on your big day.
- Set up and tear down by our team including your own décor
- All staff: servers, bartender, set up staff & tear down staff
- Tables, linens, napkins, cutlery, plate ware, glassware
- Dance floor
- Fairy lights
- Inhouse DJ available
Cornerstone Weddings Perks
Cornerstone is a full service wedding company. Our services include:
- All of the room set up and tear down including your decor
- Onsite commercial kitchen so we can provide all of your food service
- All servers and bartenders (included in your package price)
- No cake cutting fee
- In-house DJ available with guaranteed availability
- Complimentary food tasting and planning meeting three to six months prior to your wedding.
- Menus created by our in-house Red Seal
- Several bar options to suit your budget
- Banquet Room accommodates up to 80 guests
- Pre-function room accommodates guest book, gift table, welcome drinks and more.
- Licensed full service bar from 10 a.m.— 1 a.m.
- Complimentary wi-fi
- Full AV equipment including screens, projectors, and microphones
- Free onsite car and bus parking
- Wheelchair accessible (elevator)
- Three different outdoor ceremony sites to choose from
Ceremonies at the Canmore Nordic Centre
Saying “I Do” in a provincial park surrounded by a 360-degree view of the mountains is just unforgettable.
We offer our all-inclusive wedding ceremony package and elopement package at the Canmore Nordic Centre year-round.
Confirmed 12 months in advance
This is the smallest of the three sites and the most private. Tucked away and surrounded by trees, this site is perfect for ceremonies with up to 70 guests and also serves as a great elopement site. There is no power at this location.
- Best for intimate ceremonies
- Best for privacy
- Mobility issues? We will let you know if this site can suit your needs.
Cross Country Stadium
Confirmed 6 months in advance
The Cross-Country Stadium is the easiest site to access and holds up to 200 guests. Located left to the Day Lodge, this site has power and the grass is cut. It also provides outstanding vistas of the Three Sisters Mountain. This site can see high traffic if there is a sporting event happening.
- Easiest to access and perfect for guests with mobility issues
- Power on site
- Best mountain views
Bow Valley Vista
Confirmed 12 months in advance
Bow Valley vista is the wildest of all three sites and accommodates up to 100 people. The grass is left natural and it is not recommended if you have guests with mobility issues. This is a beautiful open site with gorgeous views and great privacy.
- Great for privacy
- Outstanding open views
- Not recommended for guests with mobility issues
Ceremony Package Inclusions
- Venue rental (3 hours)
- Wedding Coordinator to help you with your ceremony’s planning and day of flow and details.
- White ceremony chairs, signing table with skirt and linens & chair.
- PA System (battery operated)
- Set up and tear down by our team including your own décor.
Not included: wedding license & marriage commissioner – this is the couple’s responsibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a minimum spend?
For 2021 weddings, our minimum spend is $7,000 on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or statutory holidays. For weddings hosted Monday to Thursday, the minimum spend is $5,000.
Please note that unlike other venues, you can reach the minimum spend by including:
- Venue rental package
- Indoor or outdoor ceremony package
- All food and beverage spend (including guest bar spend)
- Additional features & services
Are we required to use Cornerstone for our dinner service?
Yes, no outside food is permitted.
Can we arrange a food tasting?
Of course! We definitely want you to sample our delicious food before your special day! We offer complimentary food tastings approximately three to six months prior to your wedding.
Do you charge a cake-cutting fee?
No, we do not charge to cut and serve your wedding cake to our buffet. However, charges will apply for cakes to be plated and served to tables.
Can we bring in our own alcohol?
No. As a licensed premise, all alcohol must be served by Cornerstone Weddings in order to comply with AGLC rules and regulations.
If there is something special you would like to serve at your reception, please let us know. We offer bar service from 10am to 1am.
What bar options are available?
We can offer an open, cash or toonie bar to help work within your budget.
Can you help us to estimate our bar cost?
Unfortunately, this is a difficult cost to estimate as there are so many factors to consider. However, we are happy to offer our experience of past weddings. Learn more about bar costs on our blog: Wedding Bar Bill Top Tips
Who sets up the room and decor?
We do! Bring in your own centerpieces, table numbers, seating chart, guestbook, and decorations for the pre-function room, and we will arrange both the setup and tear down at the end of the evening so it will be ready for you to collect the next morning.
Can I bring in extra decor?
We want you to have the wedding of your dreams. However, if you do have extra decor, we request that you ask us before purchasing anything as we do have the right to refuse any items that might cause damage to the building. If you have a firm decor vision, please discuss these with us prior to booking your wedding date.
Do you allow candles, fireworks, or sparklers?
Due to fire regulations, only candles with a contained flame (for example, inside a mason jar or votive) are allowed. Fireworks and sparklers are not permitted.
Do you have partnerships with any local accommodations?
We can provide you with the contact info of local Sales Managers for several condos and hotels within walking distance of the theatre. They would love to be able to assist you with booking your guest room blocks.
Do you have suggested vendors for flowers, photography, and music?
We have a list of trusted local vendors that many of our wedding couples have worked with in the past. Please see our wedding brochures and our Local Wedding Service Supplier page for more details.
What happens if I book my outdoor ceremony and it is raining?
If you book your outdoor ceremony and reception package with Cornerstone Catering, we will automatically reserve the Banquet Room for a backup indoor ceremony. We still ask that you provide us with notice (the day before your wedding) as to where you will host your ceremony so we can adequately prepare our staff and you can update your guests.
If you are booking a ceremony only with us, we would suggest having a back up available as mountain weather can change on a dime.
What if I want to book my wedding reception for more than 12 months in advance?
You may book your ceremony and reception with more than 12 months’ notice. However, we are not able to confirm your preferred date until the 12-month mark, (Canmore Nordic Centre rules). For further details, please contact our Wedding Coordinator.
How much does it cost to rent a site only for a ceremony?
Tree Island and Cross-Country Stadium have a flat fee of $500 for a three-hour rental.
The Bow Valley Vista site has a flat fee of $600 for a three-hour rental.
Can we rent our ceremony chairs from Cornerstone Wedding?
Absolutely. Cornerstone’s Outdoor Ceremony Package includes chair rental setup and teardown. For more information on our Ceremony Packages, please see our Ceremony Brochure.
Are there any other costs if we want to move our outdoor ceremony indoors?
If you have already purchased the Outdoor Ceremony Package, there is no additional cost. We will set up and tear down the room for your indoor ceremony.
If you have not purchased the Outdoor Ceremony Package, but you decide you would like an indoor ceremony, we recommend that you purchase the Indoor Ceremony Package otherwise it is your responsibility to organize the furniture before and after the ceremony has taken place.
Can I book a ceremony rehearsal the day prior?
If you would like to book the ceremony location the day prior for a rehearsal, we may be able to accommodate subject to charges and availability. Please contact our Wedding Coordinator for further details.