Rustic, Chic, Gorgeous
Cornerstone Theatre is one of Canmore’s most sought out wedding venues and accommodates weddings from 80 to 200 guests. Built out of Manitoba barn wood in a cabin-style venue, the Theatre is the perfect mix between comfort and natural elegance. It has that rustic-chic feel to it that makes a wedding in the mountains even more magical!
A wedding reception at Cornerstone Theatre is not only beautiful, but also seamless and worry-free. Your own personal Wedding Coordinator is included in your wedding package along with venue rental, set up and tear down, all staff and everything else you need to host the reception of your dreams.
Located just a 5 minute walk to downtown Canmore and in close proximity to accommodation, the Theatre is a perfect venue for couples looking for:
- 80 to 200 guests
- A wedding reception and outdoor ceremony at the Canmore Ranch
- A wedding reception and indoor ceremony
- A wedding reception only
Wedding Receptions at Cornerstone Theatre
Wedding Reception Package Inclusions:
- Venue rental until 2 a.m.
- Personal Wedding Coordinator to assist with planning your day at the theatre
- Event Manager to coordinate your evening reception, including managing your evening timeline and assisting your MC
- Complimentary food tasting & planning meeting
- Set up and tear down by our team including your own décor, centerpieces, seating chart & fireplace decor
- All staff: servers, bartender, set up staff & tear down staff
- Tables, linens, napkins, cutlery, plate ware, glassware
- Guest book table with linen & cake table with linen
- Café lights
- Three ambient light settings: dinner, first dance & disco
- Spotlight for grand entrance
- Microphone & podium for speeches
- 30 min. decor drop off meeting the day before your wedding
- Pre-arranged decor pick up after your wedding before 11 a.m.
- Inhouse DJ available
The Cornerstone Difference
Our small and savvy team of Wedding Coordinators take all the stress out of planning your wedding reception: we walk you step by step through the evening helping you ensure all details are taken care of.
Once your big day arrives, you also get your own Event Manager that will make sure your evening runs smoothly: all your décor will be set up and taken down, your gift cards collected and locked in a safe place, the doors opened for your grand entrance, etc. All the details will be taken care of by the Cornerstone Weddings team. All you need to do is show up!
Ceremonies at Cornerstone Theatre
If you are hosting your wedding reception at Cornerstone Theatre, you can host an outdoor ceremony at the Canmore Ranch or an indoor ceremony at the Theatre. Whatever your choose, you will have the venue exclusively booked for you.
The Canmore Ranch
Looking to host an outdoor ceremony? The Canmore Ranch is only available to couples hosting their wedding reception at the Theatre. Our exclusive contract with this venue guarantees you will be the only couple getting married and having access to the Ranch on your special day.
If you want a fairytale grand entrance at the Ranch, book a horse drawn carriage. You will truly love it.
Canmore Ranch Highlights
- Five minute drive from the Theatre
- Exclusive venue
- Parking available on site
- Full-service bathroom facilities
- Archway including in your package
- Hexagonal archway upgrade available
- Lilly & Tiger (Norwegian Fjords) are available to book a couples carriage ride as an add-on to our package!
Indoor Ceremony at the Theatre
An indoor ceremony at the Theatre will be beautiful and elegant. When the décor goes up and the lights go on, the theatre is a glowy, dreamy venue in which to say “I do”. Indoor ceremonies at the Theatre are only available for couples booking a wedding reception too.
If you book your reception at the Theatre but are planning an outdoor ceremony, the Theatre can also be used as a back-up should the weather turn on you. Awesome!
Winter Wonderland at the Canmore Ranch
Canmore transforms into a Winter Wonderland and provides more than a magical setting for saying ‘I Do’! Snow covered trees, majestic soaring peaks and quiet tranquility that echoes through the crisp winter air. Join us for an Outdoor Ceremony with our Winter Wonderland Package.
Winter Wonderland at the Canmore Ranch Highlights
- Lilly & Tiger (Norwegian Fjords) are available to book a couples sleigh ride as an add-on to our package!
- Do-Nut tent with firepit as a meet and greet area (firewood included)
- Blankets for your guests
Ceremony Package Inclusions
- Venue rental
- Wedding Coordinator to help you with your ceremony’s planning and day of flow and details.
- Ceremony chairs, signing table with skirt and linens & chair.
- PA System
- Set up and tear down by our team including your own décor.
- Ranch: rustic archway included
Not included: wedding license & marriage commissioner – this is the couple’s responsibility.
Cornerstone Weddings Perks
Cornerstone Weddings is a full service wedding company. Our services include:
- All of the room set up and tear down including your decor
- Onsite commercial kitchen for all of your food service
- We provide all servers and bartenders (included in your package price)
- No cake cutting fee
- In-house DJ available with guaranteed availability
- Complimentary food tasting and planning meeting three to six months prior to your wedding
- Menus created by our in-house Red Seal Chef
- Several bar options to suit your budget
- Accommodates from 80 to 200 guests
- Located within walking distance from hotels and condo rentals
- Amazing acoustics for speeches and dancing
- Licensed bar from 10 a.m. —2 a.m.
- Complimentary wi-fi onsite
- Three theatre light settings included in your package
- Elevated stage and podium
- Free onsite parking
- Wheelchair accessible
Frequently Asked Questions
How many guests can Cornerstone Theatre host?
We can host wedding receptions and ceremonies for up to 200 guests. For outdoor ceremonies, we have 200 white folding chairs for your use.
Do you have a minimum spend?
For 2021 weddings, please see the table below.
Weddings held on any statutory holiday or on December 31st will incur a minimum spend of $21,000.
|Day||1st-Jan-31st March||1st April-31st Oct||1st Nov-30th Dec|
Are we required to use Cornerstone's catering?
Yes, all food onsite must be catered by us.
Can we arrange a food tasting?
Of course! We definitely want you to sample our delicious food before your special day. We offer complimentary food tastings approximately 3–6 months prior to your wedding.
Do you charge a cake-cutting fee?
No, we do not charge to cut and serve your wedding cake to our buffet. However, charges will apply for cakes to be plated and served to tables.
Can we bring in our own alcohol?
As a licensed premise, all alcohol must be served by Cornerstone Theatre in order to comply with AGLC rules and regulations.
If there is something special you would like to serve at your reception, please let us know. We offer bar service from 10am to 2am.
What bar options are available?
We can offer an open, cash or toonie bar to help work within your budget.
Can you help us to estimate our bar cost?
Unfortunately, this is a difficult cost to estimate as there are so many factors to consider. However, we are happy to offer our experience of past weddings. Learn more about bar costs on our blog: Wedding Bar Bill Top Tips
Who sets up the decor?
We do! Bring in your own centerpieces, table numbers, seating chart, guestbook, and decorations for the lobby, and we will arrange both the set up and tear down at the end of the evening so it will be ready for you to collect the next morning.
Can I bring in extra decor?
We want you to have the wedding of your dreams. We find that the decor we supply, along with your centerpieces and lobby decorations, is usually sufficient for you to personalize the room and create the ambiance you want. However, if you do have any extra decor in mind, please ask us before purchasing anything. We have the right to refuse certain items and flammable decor.
We do not allow extra lighting (ie: twinkle lights, chandeliers), or decor or lanterns to be hung from our ceiling or affixed to our walls. We also do not allow you to bring in chairs. If you have a firm decor vision, please discuss these with us prior to booking your wedding date.
Do you allow candles, fireworks, or sparklers?
Due to fire regulations, only candles with a contained flame (for example, inside a mason jar or votive) are allowed. Fireworks and sparklers are not permitted.
Can we have our ceremony at Cornerstone Theatre too?
We would love for you to have your ceremony with us, although this is not required. Please take a look at our Ceremony web page or brochure for further details. Please note that we require a 3-hour window from the end of your ceremony prior to opening the doors for your reception to allow for proper setup. During this time, all guests must exit the building.
Can I have my ceremony rehearsal at the theatre?
Ceremony rehearsals can be booked, provided we do not have another wedding or event on-site the day prior to your wedding. During the summer months, availability is unlikely.
Do you have partnerships with any local accommodations?
We can provide you with the contact info of local Sales Managers for several condos and hotels within walking distance of the theatre. They would love to be able to assist you with booking your guest room blocks.
Do you have suggested wedding vendors in the area?
We have a list of trusted local vendors that many of our wedding couples have worked with in the past. Please see our wedding brochures and our Local Wedding Service Supplier page for more details.
What does a typical wedding timeline look like?
While every wedding will vary slightly from couple to couple (within reason), a typical rundown may look like:
- Guest Arrivals: 12:30 pm
- Ceremony: 1 pm
- Ceremony Completion: 1:30 pm-1:45 pm
Break between wedding and reception. Photos for the wedding party taken during this time.
- Reception doors open: 5 pm (cocktail hour)
- Grand entrance 6 pm
- Dinner: 6.15 pm or 6.30 pm
- Speeches: 7:45 pm (ideally you’ll want them to be fairly concise and last no longer than 30 minutes)
- First dance/Family dances: 8:30-8:45 pm
- Party starts: 9 pm
How soon should I book my wedding officiant?
Plan to book your officiant early, especially if you’re getting married during peak season. If you are bringing your own officiant with you, make sure all accommodations are made well in advance.
How long is the average wedding ceremony?
Ceremonies will vary from couple to couple and depend on a wide variety of factors, but they typically last between 20-30 minutes.
When should I book my accommodations?
As soon as possible! Canmore is a bustling town and accommodation can fill up quickly.
Will there be another wedding or event scheduled on the day of my wedding?
Cornerstone Theatre only hosts one wedding reception per day so the only people you will see will be your guests and our staff.
The Canmore Ranch is exclusive to Cornerstone Theatre ceremony couples.
Can we take home the extra/leftover food from the buffet?
For health and safety reasons, we cannot allow leftovers to be taken off the premises.
Where is the Canmore Ranch located?
The Canmore Ranch is located less than a 5-minute drive from Cornerstone Theatre, off the Bow Valley Trail, and not visible from the main road. Our staff are happy to provide directions as needed for you and your guests.
What time do I have to come and pick up my decor the next day?
We typically require that all decor is picked up by 11am the day after your wedding. However, if you require later pickup time, we request that you inform our team prior so we can make arrangements that do not disturb another wedding.